- Casper’s father started him in golf at age five and during his youth, he worked as a caddie at the San Diego Country Club
Birth of a Career
- After competing as an amateur against fellow rivals, Billy Casper turned professional
The Big Leagues
- Casper won his first PGA Tour. (then went on to win 50 more)
- Casper founded The Billy Casper Youth Foundation
- Billy was honored by the Royal Family of Morocco for his contributions to the game of golf
- Casper was awarded the Professional Golfers Association of America’s Distinguished Service Award
- The first Billy Casper Golf Academy opened in St. George, Utah
- Sixth on PGA Tour’s All-Time Victories list
- Ryder Cup Team, 1961, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1969, 1971 1973, 1975 and Captain 1979
- Two-time PGA Player of the Year, 1970, 1966
- Five-time Vardon Trophy Winner, 1968, 1966, 1965, 1963, 1960
- Inducted in World Golf Hall of Fame, 1978
- Inducted in PGA Hall of Fame, 1982
- Over 15 International wins including:
- Brazilian Open, 1959, 1960;
- Italian Open, 1975;
- Mexican Open, 1977
- Billy was named Golfweek’s Father of the Year for 1996 and was selected as the Memorial Tournament’s honoree that same season.
- Billy also received the Jimmy Demaret Award at the 1996 Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf.
- Billy was the honoree at the 1997 Nissan Open in Los Angeles.
Other interests/companies include:
- Golf Course design
- Golf Course Management
- Nutrition and Traveling/golf tours
- Lists Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson, and
- Sam Snead as his heroes
- Has been very involved in the annual
- King Hassan II Trophy tournament in
- Morocco and in
- 2001 he was honored by the Moroccan Royal family and made part of their event for life.
In 2012, Billy Casper’s Golf Academy was co-founded by the late American professional golfer Billy Casper. His legacy lives on through his son Byron Casper, who aims to empower, educate, and support all golf lovers while also providing a legacy-driven product to support professional golfers through Billy Casper’s School of Golf.